- Spirulina is the highest protein source food.
- Cacao is a mega superfood it contains – magnesium, chromium, manganese, zinc, copper, iron & vitamin c (Heat destroys vitamin c though). It is the highest antioxidant content food.
- The body can’t heal selectively, it heals all ills in the body. The body has its own healing mechanism. Nourish the body and it will heal itself.
- If everyone ate a diet of fresh organic vegetables & unprocessed food there would be a health epidemic!
- Two handfuls of cashew nuts has the same effect as a dose of Prozac for depression.
Have you seen Foods Matters? What is something you learnt from the film? Let me know in the comments below.
- Grow your own sprouts – lovely to see some ‘life’ in your kitchen at this time of year. Easy to grow, amazing nutrient source & delicious.
- Add a matcha green tea to your day. Nothing like a hot cuppa on a frosty day. Matcha has many health benefits including enhancing mood, antioxidants & fights against viruses and bacteria.
- Probiotics – 85% of our immune system resides in our gut! Probiotics reestablish the proper balanpce of good bacteria in the gut. Wholefood probiotics are best as they are real food or make your own cultured foods – sauerkraut, kimchi etc.
- Juice for nutrient assimilation at a cellular level. A great combo for this time of year >> orange, carrots, ginger and turmeric. Bonus is that it looks like sunshine to remind us of those summer days we may be missing.
- Move! Don’t let winter slow you down too much. Exercise produces endorphins – a feel good buzz, to help keep the winter blues at bay. Dance it off, practice yoga, do a one song work out. It’s a great way to keep warm.
I would love to hear from you. Let me know in the comments below how you stay well in winter.