Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Refined sugar free, can be made nut free
+ 1/2 cup coconut oil
+ 2 tbsp cocoa/cacao
+ 2 tbsp honey
+ 1 tbsp chia seeds
+ 1/2 cup of water
+ 1/4 of a cup sunflower or pumpkin seeds or a mixture of both
+ 2 tbsp peanut butter or non nut butter
1. Melt coconut oil in a pot with cocoa & honey. Take off heat once melted & set aside.
2. Soak the chia seeds in the water – don’t throw out the water.
3. Once the chia seeds have soaked long enough & your coconut oil mix has cooled slightly.
4. Add these two mixtures – including the water that chia is soaked in, along with the seeds & peanut butter to a blender/NutriBullet.
Blend to a smooth thick smoothie consistency.
5. Pour the mixture into cupcake molds or a tray if you want a slice.
6. Place in the freezer for 20 mins. They will still be slightly sticky & have a mousse like texture.
Note : I made another batch & added 2 tbsps of dried coconut to replace the peanut butter. They didn’t turn out the same but I left them in the freezer & now they are like little icecream bars. They have similar texture to those Paddle pop milkshake icecreams on a stick.
I’d love to see your Chocolate mousse bites! If you give them a go take a pic, post it on Instagram & tag me @kellystevensonlal 💜
Friday again so soon. We have been home bound most of the week with a boy with a cough. I’m loving
+ This pink moon
+ Raspberry Cheesecake – Dairy free (coconut based), gluten free, refined sugar free, nut & soy free.
+ Why be moody when you can shake your booty. Seriously a good dance can change your mood.
+ Matariki ring . Matariki is the beginning of a new year for the New Zealand natives the Maori. It’s that time of year again soon & it’s winter here ❄️
Let me know in the comments below what you are loving today.
Enjoy your week
Inspiring me on this Fab Friday
+ The Dress – perfect print & style. Not to mention her sass
+ Paleo caramel layer cake mmmm. Gluten, Dairy & refined sugar free
+ Brene Brown’s Wholehearted parenting manifesto
+ Organic gardening on an acre or less
What inspired you today? I’d love to hear from you in the comments below.
Enjoy your weekend & Happy Mothers Day if you’re a Mama 💜
+ Dairy free + Gluten Free + Refined sugar free +
Here’s a recipe I created the other day inspired by My New Roots granola
1/2 cup of buckwheat
1/2 cup of coconut flakes
1/2 cup of almonds
1/2 cup of coconut oil
1/2 cup of honey
1/2 cup of cocoa
Spread out the buckwheat on an oven tray & toast in the oven. Keep an eye on it and give it a stir every now & then. Also toast the coconut & almonds. Once the coconut & almonds have cooled down chop them up roughly. Mix these with the buckwheat then spread evenly in a loaf tin.
In a saucepan melt the coconut oil and honey together then add the cocoa and stir until smooth. Pour this over the coconut, buckwheat and almonds in the loaf tin. Give it a quick mix then press down so it’s even.
I added a few boysenberry pieces to the top of mine for aesthetics so if you want to do this pop the slice in the fridge for 5 mins then press some boysenberry pieces into the top of it wherever you would like. Then pop it on the freezer until hard at least 10 minutes. (If you aren’t adding any berries to the top go straight to freezer). This is so it is easy to cut up. Remove from freezer and cut into squares with a sharp knife.
Can be eaten now although it can be a bit hard so it is best to let it soften. Stored in fridge is best.
* if you find that you want a higher choc ratio in your slice then as long as you measure the coconut oil, cocoa & honey the same it should work out.
* you can pretty much add any base ingredients to the slice then just make the chocolate to pour over. Inspiration – pistachio, macadamia, walnuts, figs, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, toasted sesame seeds, dried apricots, dried cranberries…endless possibilities
Fabulous things I love today
– Banana & peanut butter bundt cake – gluten free, dairy free, refined sugar free
– Grow a spring bulb garden indoors
– Cutie pandas hanging out in a tree.