- Grow your own sprouts – lovely to see some ‘life’ in your kitchen at this time of year. Easy to grow, amazing nutrient source & delicious.
- Add a matcha green tea to your day. Nothing like a hot cuppa on a frosty day. Matcha has many health benefits including enhancing mood, antioxidants & fights against viruses and bacteria.
- Probiotics – 85% of our immune system resides in our gut! Probiotics reestablish the proper balanpce of good bacteria in the gut. Wholefood probiotics are best as they are real food or make your own cultured foods – sauerkraut, kimchi etc.
- Juice for nutrient assimilation at a cellular level. A great combo for this time of year >> orange, carrots, ginger and turmeric. Bonus is that it looks like sunshine to remind us of those summer days we may be missing.
- Move! Don’t let winter slow you down too much. Exercise produces endorphins – a feel good buzz, to help keep the winter blues at bay. Dance it off, practice yoga, do a one song work out. It’s a great way to keep warm.
I would love to hear from you. Let me know in the comments below how you stay well in winter.
Spirulina contains over 100 synergistic nutrients and is the single richest and most complete source of total organic nutrition in the world!
As natures richest whole food source of Bio-chelated Organic Iron, its 58 times richer than raw spinach and 28 times richer than raw beef liver! It is also natures richest whole food source of Beta Carotene (Pro-vitimin A) being 25 times richer than raw carrots!
Spirulina is one of nature’s near-perfect foods, as it is up to 70 percent protein by weight and is rich in B vitamins (including B-12), minerals, GLA, natural iodine and phycocyanin
- “Spirulina was found to have very positive effects for radiation sickness when given to children exposed to radiation after the Chernobyl nuclear accident
- Many studies have found that Spirulina can serve as a “radiation shield,” helping protect your thyroid gland, strengthen your immune system and blood, protect your kidneys, and bind to heavy radioactive isotopes so they can be more quickly eliminated from your body
- While spirulina is an excellent source of nutrition, you must be very careful about its source, since it can be contaminated with heavy metals and other environmental pollutants” (www.mercola.com)
Certified Organic Spirulina is in both the Deep Green Alkalising Superfood and Inliven Probiotic Superfood.