Happy New Year everyone!
My first post for 2014 and it’s already the end of February. I have been rather busy with a newborn though, born early January.
1. Keep your self talk positive – would you say that to your best friend? Be kind to yourself.
2. Add a green juice or smoothie to your day. It’s a great way to start.
3. Create a vision board for the year ahead. Add in places you wish to visit, things to achieve. Set some goals and begin to break them down so you can work toward them.
4. Practice gratitude – Be thankful for all that you have. You have an abundant life. To really up your gratitude practices write down 10 things you are grateful for each day.
5. Read everyday – expand your knowledge pick something you wish to learn about or get lost in a novel feeding your imagination.
6. Simplify your life. Simplicity is the ultimate form of sophistication ~ Leonardo da Vinci
7. Do more of what makes you happy
8. Quit sugar in 5 days find out how here
9. Laugh more its good for you
10. Eat more food mainly plants as Micheal Pollan would say. Try to keep at least half of your plate made up of colourful veggies and fruit.
11. Add more superfoods to your diet. The more good you add in the more it will crowd out the ‘crap food’. Superfoods are nutrient dense so you are getting more nutrition from a smaller quantity of foods.
12. Aim to be kind, forgiving, calm and patient. One study showed that people with high stress levels is similar to smoking 5 cigarettes a day as far as health is concerned.
13. Ditch the soda – so much sugar for no nutritional value. Switch it for water, coconut water, herbal iced teas (homemade with natural sugar alternatives or no sugar at all)
14. Spend more time with those you love – your friends and family. Have fun and enjoy each others company, support each other and create memories together.
Wishing you all a fantastic 2014 x