To meet me a newly reformed happy, thriving woman.
I had a combination of rituals on point in 2008. Rituals which I have let slide slowly over the last 7 years. But they are ones I want & need to reinstall.
Rituals I held up in 2008.
1. Eating Mindfully – I would set up at table setting even if I was eating alone. I’d take my time, sit down , say thanks for my food, drink it in visually then really taste & enjoy each mouthful. Chewing it fully. Often glancing out the window but there were no other distractions. I’d make sure I sat for at least five minutes after I’d finished before getting up. These five minutes were like a meditation I guess. Filled with thoughts of gratitude for the beautiful food I’d prepared and eaten. Giving gratitude for all things in my life. Sometimes just letting my mind let go of thoughts and concentrating on a tree or something out the window.
2. Dry brushing – every morning before my shower then if use another scrub in the shower. This really helped my poor circulation. I had no cellulite after a few months – this was also due to ritual number three. While dry brushing I would say positive affirmations in my head about my body, blessing & showing gratitude for it.
3. I was sugar free. No added sugar anywhere. I was cooking all my own meals with real food. I knew exactly what was in my food & was eating wholefoods. Avoiding sugar when I could. This really helped keep my mind & body balanced.
4. Apple cider vinegar in water each morning. I’d add 1-2 tbsps to half a glass of warm water. Skull this back then rinse & spit with plain water. Then drink a glass of warm water. This was to make sure my teeth were well rinsed & the ACV wasn’t stripping my teeth.
5. Dancing dancing dancing. I love to dance, mainly alone just shaking that a**. I had such a good routine of doing stretches, strengtheners and then I’d dance to Beyonces Experience DVD for at least 30 minutes. I felt so good after sweating up a storm. I also took the opportunity to walk where I could.
I loved this year and coincidently eight is my fave number. I maintained many of the rituals for sometime but now as I stop to look today 2015, none truly remain consistently in my routine as they did then. So my goal is to bring them back. To take time & make time for them. A lot has happened in my life since 2008 but it’s time to stop take time & bring back some rituals that honour me, enrich me & make me feel gooood.
Is there a ritual that you would love to cultivate? I’d love to hear in the comments below.
Or is there a year, time, stage of your life that you felt in fire and was so on point. It could be now.
I’d love to hear what it was about that time that you were just loving. Let me know in the comments below.
Enjoy your day
I would love to hear from you. Please leave me a comment