Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Refined sugar free, can be made nut free
+ 1/2 cup coconut oil
+ 2 tbsp cocoa/cacao
+ 2 tbsp honey
+ 1 tbsp chia seeds
+ 1/2 cup of water
+ 1/4 of a cup sunflower or pumpkin seeds or a mixture of both
+ 2 tbsp peanut butter or non nut butter
1. Melt coconut oil in a pot with cocoa & honey. Take off heat once melted & set aside.
2. Soak the chia seeds in the water – don’t throw out the water.
3. Once the chia seeds have soaked long enough & your coconut oil mix has cooled slightly.
4. Add these two mixtures – including the water that chia is soaked in, along with the seeds & peanut butter to a blender/NutriBullet.
Blend to a smooth thick smoothie consistency.
5. Pour the mixture into cupcake molds or a tray if you want a slice.
6. Place in the freezer for 20 mins. They will still be slightly sticky & have a mousse like texture.
Note : I made another batch & added 2 tbsps of dried coconut to replace the peanut butter. They didn’t turn out the same but I left them in the freezer & now they are like little icecream bars. They have similar texture to those Paddle pop milkshake icecreams on a stick.
I’d love to see your Chocolate mousse bites! If you give them a go take a pic, post it on Instagram & tag me @kellystevensonlal 💜